I. PRODUCT WITH AN IP67 INDUSTRIAL CASING
Correct positioning of the product transceivers
There are two key rules for optimizing radio ranges.
- The first one consists of positioning your product as high as possible.
- The second one consists of limiting the number of obstacles in order to avoid excessive attenuation of the radio wave.
Position: To the extent possible, install the transmitter at a minimum height of 1.50 m and do not attach it to the wall.
Obstacles: Ideally, the product must be 20 cm away from any obstacle and, if possible, near an opening (the closer the obstacle is, the more the emitted power will be absorbed). All the materials encountered by a radio wave will attenuate it. Bear in mind that metal (metal cabinets, beams, etc.) and concrete (reinforced concrete, partitions, walls, etc.) are the most critical materials for the propagation of radio waves.
Types of fastenings
The product offers 3 fastening methods that enable numerous ways of positioning it depending on the environment where it has to be deployed.
Tube or mast fastenings
The best radio performance is achieved by positioning the product as high as possible. The fastening collar fastenings enable the product to be fastened on a mast or tube under completely safe conditions;
To optimize fastening onto a tube or mast, we recommend you remove the Rail-DIN locking/unlocking lever.
To remove it, pull the lever down until the locking pins are opposite a freed-up part and then remove the lever.
Fixing with screws
The product is delivered with 2 CBLZ 2.2 x 19 mm screws and 2 SX4 wall plugs. Use these products or equivalent products in order to fasten your product onto a flat support.
Two positions may be selected: Laid flat or on its edge.
- • Placing it on its edge enables the product to be placed at a distance from its support and helps achieve better propagation of the radio waves.
- • If you opt for laying it flat, make sure you remove the Rail-DIN locking/unlocking lever, as explained above
This system, integrated into the casing, enables the product to be fastened onto a standard 35 mm rail.
- To fit the casing, place the upper inserts on the rail and lower the product to clip it into position.
- To remove the product, pull the unlocking lever down and disengage the product from the rail.
II. PRODUCT WITH AN INDORE CASING
Position: To the extent possible, install the transmitter at a minimum height of 1.50 m in a non-enclosed area. Do not position the sensor in front of a window or in the sun.
This device has been designed for indoor use.
CAUTION: the upper face of the device (allowing the opening of the casing) must be accessible with a screwdriver. Do not position the device against a ceiling or under an object only to find that you are no longer able to open the casing.
Fixing with screws
The product is delivered with 2 CBLZ 2.2 x 19 mm screws and 2 SX4 wall plugs. Use these products or equivalent products in order to fasten your device onto a flat support. (open/close the sensor)
For any other questions related to this subject or any information not covered in the FAQ please contact our support service by opening a ticket: https://adeunis.freshdesk.com/fr/support/tickets/new