Follow the step to step process in the REPEATER App
Follow each of the steps of the Repeater App insure you a successful installation of your REPEATER!
Verify the network coverage of the REPEATER before its installation
To correctly repeat frames from devices, the REPEATER must be under the Sigfox network coverage while having the device in its perimeter.
Be sure that your REPEATER is under the Sigfox network and that the coverage is good. PAY ATTENTION: the REPEATER do not create network where there is notthere is not. It extends the scope of the network on a given area. To test the coverage of the Sigfox network and verify that the REPEATER is correctly installed under Sigfox coverage, use the Field Test Device onsite (information directly on the screen) or verify the network data of the frame sent by your REPEATER on the Backend Sigfox. If the product is not under a good Sigfox coverage it will be necessary to move it.
If the network coverage is good, verify that the product is correctly seen by the REPEATER following the installation process that use the reference transmitter and the REPEATER App put at your disposal by adeunis.
For information, the Sigfox network coverage is considered as good if the following criteria are respected: RSSI > -125 dBm et SNR > 20 dB
Verify the good reception of the frames on the Sigfox Backend
At the end of the installation, we advise you to connect to your Backend Sigfox account to verify that a [R xx%] appears next to the frame of your repeated products, verify the quality of the radio link of your REPEATER and its statistics (available 24H later).
For your information: R70% signify that the REPEATER contribute at 70% of the frame reception on the backend, and so only 30% of the frame are sent directly from the product to the network.
Before installation, verify all these limitations
- Radio not go through or is inhibited by water, reinforced concrete, metal or wood.
- REPEATER do not create network, it extends the scope of the network in a certain zone. It means that the REPEATER must be under good coverage of the network to work properly.
- The REPEATER is not able to repeat simultaneous messages, at best, it will repeat only 1 of the 2 messages, the other will be lost. In noisy environment (with a lot of products), it is advised to verify that the products are not transmitting at the same time (when it is possible).
- The REPEATER cannot transmit downlinks to the product.
- The REPEATER cannot perceive products that are too close (below 2 meters away) or too far (above 50 meters in open field indoor and above 300 meters in open field outdoor)
- The risk of collision may exist, so it is not recommended to put 2 REPEATER on the same plane or in the same space.
- It is not possible to put in series several REPEATERs.